FINTECH firms globally raised more than $6.4 billion in capital in 2014, a growth of 300% over 2013. This chapter is aimed to provide the best individual angel investors, accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms and private equity investors with a platform where they can explain how they pick their winners and what value they add in addition to capital.
Practical advice for entrepreneurs may also be discussed in this chapter such as:
- Explaining the “finance ladder”, covering the complete process from start-up finance, growth capital and exits.
- What valuation and which data sources are helpful to value your FINTECH firm?
- Negotiation process and advice (after having worked many years as an entrepreneur how to you ensure you negotiate the best price for your firm?)
- What are the terms entrepreneurs or investors should never agree to? What can go wrong with funding? What are the risks for both sides?
- Why is “Smart Money” so important for FINTECH entrepreneurs?
If you wish contribute the “FINTECH Capital” chapter of the FINTECH book please follow these steps:
- Write an initial 300 word paragraph before 30 April 2015. Introduce what you wish to explore and why it matters, remember to make it catchy! Also add a quick 50 words about you.
- Your teaser article will be shared with the community in May 2015. They will have a chance to vote on your content.
- If you are selected by the community the editors will contact you and request that you write a 2,000 words article which will form part of the “FINTECH capital” chapter.
- If you are not selected by the community, the editors will none the less acknowledge your contribution in a special chapter which will list all the authors, the contact details and the category in which they wrote.
Ready? We look forward to reading your abstract so just e-mail us on “[email protected]” and put in the title “Submission: FINTECH Capital”.